how do you get a glimpse of the computerized format before exam day?

broncos24

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm really curious what the format of the exam will be like. Especially the reading comp section... I bet we can't even highlight or underline anything.

Do you know if there's a way to get a glimpse of the format before exam day. I know they have a tutorial before the exam... but I rather know beforehand.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm really curious what the format of the exam will be like. Especially the reading comp section... I bet we can't even highlight or underline anything.

Do you know if there's a way to get a glimpse of the format before exam day. I know they have a tutorial before the exam... but I rather know beforehand.

Plug: Kaplan's OAT course. It has practice tests that you take on your computer which look and work just like the test I took at the prometric center.

Also, look into Scholarware software. I haven't used it, but it is software (that's a start!).

Any other products out there?

OAT achiever, you can look at the format, but definitely the level of difficulty is not the same. The real OAT is harder for RC.

Achiever will let you see the format, but is useless beyond that. Check out the Kaplan materials.

Members don't see this ad :)
I purchased and used Scholarware. It was like deja vu when I got to the testing center. The software and format are EXACTLY the same! good luck with the test!

There's a DEMO from OAT Achiever which you can instantly download and install from its website:

http://3tquest.com/page2.html

I used it for my second OAT and found both the software and its questions to be of great boost to my scores; and believe it's the only computerized sample tests out there that give you detailed explanations to every single problem attempted.:luck:

Does the reading comprehension section look like this on the exam??

I thought that they put the passage in the BIGGER part of the screen, and the question below the passage, so that way you don't have to scroll to see the entire passage. Please tell me if I am wrong...
And I heard that you see only 1 question at a time, for the reading comprehension part...

rcia6.jpg

The passage is on the upper part of the screen, but you still have to scroll to see the entire thing. The questions will be one per page and they will be under the passage. other than that it looks just like the real test.

go to the opted.org website!

click on OAT information
then click on "tutorial" on the right hand side.
its identical to what your test format will look like :)
GOOD LUCK!