MD How do you get help when you need current theme related academic doubts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefullMD22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a current M1 student. I am able to follow the curriculum at the Med school but sometimes there are certain topics that I just don't get. For that I am looking for some one-on-one help.

I don't want to ask the peers as they are also time constraint, I would rather do paid one to two hour session with some M2/M3/M4 student. Is there any help out there?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you at a US school? Most offer free, one-on-one help academic advising (help with finding effective study methods, study schedules, etc.) and usually one-on-one or group tutoring from upperclassmen as well. Your academic support office is probably the best place to start.

thanks for your response. Yes I am in Med in state of New York. I am little shy about asking within my school hence I was looking for external resource.

Najeeb lectures or boards and beyond. After that if you still have questions or confusion ask your professor or post questions on blackboard.

Members don't see this ad :)
Excellent post^ ... To add, using internal resources lay groundwork for showing your investment to doing better. If for whatever reason you continue to struggle, the school is aware and can escalate as needed as opposed to maybe looking like you just suffered in silence. I tutored thru med school - the expectation was we took it very seriously and maintained confidentiality. Reach out. The first step is knowing you need help....

Reactions: 1 user
Ask your school and watch najeeb lectures

Reactions: 1 users
Our school will examine your approach to studying and often supply an M2 tutor. They can help with subject material, but most often it is addressing your approach to studying that is the problem

I am a current M1 student. I am able to follow the curriculum at the Med school but sometimes there are certain topics that I just don't get. For that I am looking for some one-on-one help.

I don't want to ask the peers as they are also time constraint, I would rather do paid one to two hour session with some M2/M3/M4 student. Is there any help out there?
Get thee to your school's learning or education center.