How do you guys choose schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cwlz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys! I just took the NBDE 1, haven't taken Tofel. But I wanna apply this year.
I don't know how you guys choose schools to apply. I've read here some schools are harder, some are easier, but generally how you guys choose? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, guys! I just took the NBDE 1, haven't taken Tofel. But I wanna apply this year.
I don't know how you guys choose schools to apply. I've read here some schools are harder, some are easier, but generally how you guys choose? Thanks!
Coin toss! Heads I apply to the school, tails I don't :laugh::laugh:

In all seriousness- location, program strength, easy of residency match, schools vision/mission statement, number of students accepted, teaching method, patient pool, research if any, community out reach, what other students had to say about the school...

As you can see there is no 1 single decisive factor. All the schools I applied to I could see myself going there happily- that's for sure.

It depends. If you get 86, there is no point in applying to Columbia since they only have 2 seats. If you get 93 you won't need any 3 years programs because you will get in a 2 years program. This was just an example, I am not implying that Part I is everything, but its the only standard criterion, although it's not standard anymore!

I would apply to as many as I can handle (in my range). If you are lucky and you get multiple letters, then you can "choose".

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The school that accepts u..is the best school :)
Apply to as many schools as u can & hopefully u'll have many choices to make.
Good luck !

It depends. If you get 86, there is no point in applying to Columbia since they only have 2 seats. If you get 93 you won't need any 3 years programs because you will get in a 2 years program. This was just an example, I am not implying that Part I is everything, but its the only standard criterion, although it's not standard anymore!

I would apply to as many as I can handle (in my range). If you are lucky and you get multiple letters, then you can "choose".[/quote

Why can't we apply to columbia with 86. What is there criteria of acceptance

I would apply to as many as I can handle (in my range). If you are lucky and you get multiple letters, then you can "choose".[/quote

Why can't we apply to columbia with 86. What is there criteria of acceptance
Don't they want part 2 also?:confused:

I would also like to add the fees to that criteria.................

hello ,
i have the same problem as u . did u get any answers ? will u share them and help me?
thankyou:help: