How do you guys do so many questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mclovit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm able to do maybe 3 sections of 46 questions per day. Thats somewhere around 138 questions, usually 2 UW and 1 Kaplan. Thats on a good day most days I do 2 sections of 46. 1 UW and 1 kaplan.

At this pace I will not finish either...test in 15 days...any ideas? I keep reading people going through UW twice and such....how do you guys do it? I'm doing mostly tutor and reading explanations...

Members don't see this ad.

Different learning styles, maybe? I got through a pretty small fraction of QBank for Step 1, because I only did one 50-question block per day, but was pretty diligent about going over the explanations. I put in a lot of total hours of studying, though -- I wasn't using the questions as my primary way of studying the way some people seem to.

To each his or her own, but frankly, going through an entire bank twice seems like overkill.

dont read the entire explanation, just the high yield concept and/or read the explanation to just the answer choice,
pick up the pace, because you will have to do 350 questions on test day

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the last post. After a few hundred or so questions alot of those long explanations start to sound like the same "junk" over and over again. Just learn to ignore it and go to high yield info. In the end you will only retain about a quarter of what you read a day, just make it all count.

Also in my experience, I was completing the full length blocks in 40-50 minutes and so i was able to complete the block and review only my marked questions in a little over an hour. I thinking marking q's saved me a lot of time. Especially in the three or four days before the test date.

good luck!

Don't stress out about not finishing all or most of the questions. I only studied for 2 1/2 weeks. I did 1-5 sets of 46 kaplan questions each day (most days 2-3 sets). I only used qbank and finished between 60-70%. I went over all the explanations in the begining but once you get so far through your question banks you will have seen all of the explanations and can skip over some. I also did boards and ward and first aid. I suggest making your own list of high yeild facts and formulas to look over the day before.

Don't stress out about not finishing all or most of the questions. I only studied for 2 1/2 weeks. I did 1-5 sets of 46 kaplan questions each day (most days 2-3 sets). I only used qbank and finished between 60-70%. I went over all the explanations in the begining but once you get so far through your question banks you will have seen all of the explanations and can skip over some. I also did boards and ward and first aid. I suggest making your own list of high yeild facts and formulas to look over the day before.

Did you feel like Step 2 was similar to the kaplan Qbank questions? What made you pick kaplan Qbank over USMLE world? Many people say step 2 is like USMLE world but I heard the same thing for STep 1 and honestly my exam was just like kaplan Qbank (2-3 sentences each).

Good job on your score....very impressive!!!!!! :)

I think the questions on step 2 were shorter than Qbank questions. I think the information covered in the explanations of the qbank questions was important material to know but they were not phrased the same way. The actual questions I think were more straightfoward than Qbank. One thing I wished I had done before the day before my test was to go to the step 2 content description. It describes the types of questions that will be asked and will give you a better idea of what to expect