How do you guys stay motivated at the end of the year?

Masspremed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
So I am done with my freshman year of high school in four weeks. Thank God. But still,I have those four weeks. This past week I've honestly done nothing except talk to my friends, and go to track after school. I am just not feeling school right now with the weather getting warmer, and teachers getting more annoying. How do you guys stay motivated at the end of the year? I know I still have finals but I've got them in the bag.

Members don't see this ad.

tbh, you may not want to hear this, but I'm pretty sure the majority of kids have checked out mentally. I know that, at least in my city, the underclassmen have already been sick of school at least for the last week. I guess if you want a more motivational answer - Think of what would happen if you just stop doing what you need to do. Think of failing all of your goals and how disappointed you'd be.

You just have to buck up, tough it out, and be glad you're done with your first year.. And enjoy your summer! :D Good luck on your finals!

Members don't see this ad :)
tbh, you may not want to hear this, but I'm pretty sure the majority of kids have checked out mentally. I know that, at least in my city, the underclassmen have already been sick of school at least for the last week. !

Haha it's the same here, and I checked out with them. I was just wondering if any of you guys were still keeping up with homework and what not. I haven't for a while. #IknowImCrazy #WillTheRealSlimShadyPleaseStandUp

On a more srs note, yes I kept up with homework and aced my finals. On the day of finals, I checked out after every class. Then again I was not a senior. NOW I AM THOOOOOOO!

We don't, that's how :p

basically :thumbup:

Haha it's the same here, and I checked out with them. I was just wondering if any of you guys were still keeping up with homework and what not. I haven't for a while. #IknowImCrazy #WillTheRealSlimShadyPleaseStandUp

well you don't really have to be motivated lol, just do the bare minimum (keep up with hw, ect.) to keep your grades up and you should be fine :)

And also, why do many people seem to overlook the importance of hw?.. Just doing that has always in my experience been the difference between an 'A' and a 'B' or 'C'. Shoot, do it on the bus before school like everyone else :laugh:

I'm kind of lucky because we're absolutely doing nothing in any of my classes. In AP biology, we just got done our cat dissections, and we have to write up a paper and that's pretty much it. It's normal for students to lose motivation, so set up short term goals. I have this cool summer job and internship, that if I work hard and finish my work now, I can start early, which is pretty exciting.

basically :thumbup:

well you don't really have to be motivated lol, just do the bare minimum (keep up with hw, ect.) to keep your grades up and you should be fine :)

And also, why do many people seem to overlook the importance of hw?.. Just doing that has always in my experience been the difference between an 'A' and a 'B' or 'C'. Shoot, do it on the bus before school like everyone else :laugh:

No It's done, it's just not my work/words half the time :laugh:

^ lol it's cool, just don't get caught :thumbup:

You want to honestly know what keeps me motivated? SDN. That's why I'm on it all the time, it keeps me pumped and let's me know there's other people jut as excited about the future! But you're a freshman in high school, you've got a lonnnng road ahead!

Hey guys.
So I am done with my freshman year of high school in four weeks. Thank God. But still,I have those four weeks. This past week I've honestly done nothing except talk to my friends, and go to track after school. I am just not feeling school right now with the weather getting warmer, and teachers getting more annoying. How do you guys stay motivated at the end of the year? I know I still have finals but I've got them in the bag.

Freshmen and Sophomore year are pretty important. I wouldn't become so relaxed. Enjoy your time but devote yourself to things when you need to. There will be times when you get lazy of course. Everyone is human.

All of you kids are headed to an early grave. Relax.

I just start from day 1 and say only ___ more days.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's some motivation-

Imagine that you are a 1st year at a university. Your ENTIRE grade breakdown is 40% Midterm, 60% Final.

You bombed the midterm.

Get used to that situation because it'll happen often in college. :thumbup:

Here's some motivation-

Imagine that you are a 1st year at a university. Your ENTIRE grade breakdown is 40% Midterm, 60% Final.

You bombed the midterm.

Get used to that situation because it'll happen often in college. :thumbup:

not exactly motivational
but thanks for getting me nervous af about my first semester :laugh:

By looking up how horrible the MCAT 2015 is going to be...

By looking up how horrible the MCAT 2015 is going to be...

HOLY CRAP I KNOW I WAS LIKE FUMING WHEN I FOUND THAT OUT. It's like 'Hey guys good idea lets make med school applicants lives even harder with an exam that covers more subjects'

HOLY CRAP I KNOW I WAS LIKE FUMING WHEN I FOUND THAT OUT. It's like 'Hey guys good idea lets make med school applicants lives even harder with an exam that covers more subjects'
The fact that its going to be about 7 hours and 20-30 mins is what really pisses me off. I understand the content will be able to be mastered and all but giving pre-med students a 7 hour test is more like a snipers boot camp. Totally brutal. Oh well.

WE WILL ROCK IT. I WON'T LET ANY TEST GET IN THE WAY OF MY DREAM. (hopefully) lol

High school is harder to stay focused on than college. High school years just last SOOOOO long. I always clocked out at the end of the year and never was able to figure out how to stay motivated.

In college, I've been fortunate enough to have professors that give you little breaks in the workload right before cram sessions come up. So, the first week of classes is easy. Then the following few weeks gets gradually tougher. Then I get a laxed week at some point. Then it gets a little tougher. Then I'm at a larger break like Spring break or something. Then its time to study for finals and then I'm done. It really works itself.

High school, you just have to stick it out bud.

^ this.. Even in my joint enrollment classes at our local CC during high school, the classes just seem better because it's less often (1, 2, or 3 times a week instead of 5) and you get some breaks during each semester.. Helps keep you from burning out i think. Just keep working and you'll be done soon :D

I've always been motivated by the fact that summer is just around the corner when I'm studying for finals. I know that thinking about summer usually doesn't work for most people, but for some reason it motivates me to just suck it up and work my butt off. :)

The fact that its going to be about 7 hours and 20-30 mins is what really pisses me off. I understand the content will be able to be mastered and all but giving pre-med students a 7 hour test is more like a snipers boot camp. Totally brutal. Oh well.

WE WILL ROCK IT. I WON'T LET ANY TEST GET IN THE WAY OF MY DREAM. (hopefully) lol

It's actually ridiculous.

It better at least be an all-day type thing where you show up at 8 am, take the first 3 hours 30 mins, then get a 90 minute lunch break, then take the second 3 hours 30 mins. Then it wouldn't be too terrible. At least it gives an incentive to study your ass off so you only have to take it once.

A 90 min lunch break would allow enough time to sort of rejuvenate. any session longer than 4 hours at a time would basically be BS.

Well at least you'll get used to the time for...step 1 :scared:.

:cry:
images

True, but I still think not everyone is ready to prepare for a Step 1 type of test during their junior year of undergrad. Regardless of how much they know.

I'm just glad my last high school year is over. It was lingering around near the end. Now college next year haha :D. Motivation was very hard for me near the end, i got a little lazier and coasted but kept my grades up.