how do you guys study for basic science shelf exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Borrow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
our school only give us one dedicated study day before our final exam which is that subjects nbme subject exam. there's little time to study before that as we have a test usually right before the final that is all new material that takes up most of my study time. usually i would just lazily browse through some notes with the mind set that if i didn't know it, i wasn't going to learn an entire course's stuff in one day. the results have been okay but i would like to change it up. does anyone elses school have a similar set up?

i was thinking of either using first aid's relevant chapter or doing the comprehensive exam at the end of brs. i'm leaning towards the comprehensive exam but wanted to get your opinions.

Members don't see this ad.

My school has a very similar set up. I begin studying the relevant material from board review resources from the beginning of the module.

Study hard for the class throughout the year, and then on the dedicated study day read all of BRS or RR (or whatever review book floats your boat).