Quantcast

Technology HOw do you install Palm software on Pocket PC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MacGyver

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
So I downloaded Kidometer, which is a freeware peds program, but its designed for Palm, not pocket pc. It says I need a Palm program called "hotsync" to install it.

Is there a way to install this on pocket pc?

DOctorJay

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
you need a program called StyleTap

Savasana

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment as to how well StyleTap actually works as an emulator, specifically for medical apps? I'm really wanting the Dell axim x51v, but loathe to give up all the palm medical freeware that I've become accustomed to. Do programs run fairly well, or are there issues with them freezing/malfunctioning/not running at all?

Thanks for any input.

spinosum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Savasana said:
Can anyone comment as to how well StyleTap actually works as an emulator, specifically for medical apps? I'm really wanting the Dell axim x51v, but loathe to give up all the palm medical freeware that I've become accustomed to. Do programs run fairly well, or are there issues with them freezing/malfunctioning/not running at all?

Thanks for any input.

I have tried the StyleTap before in my x50v (guess this is not far of a difference from a x51v), but realise that it is always better to use Palm softwares in a Palm OS, and similarly WM softwares in a WM unit. I have tried a couple of Palm softwares in Styletap, but they are somehow slower and more sluggish as compared to if i use them in a Palm PDA. Personally I think that if you have accustomed to Palm environment, just continue to use a Palm PDA, instead of changing to the x51v. Of course the VGA screen is gorgeous, but it depends on what you use most in your daily work/study. Like myself, I use iSilo a lot, so a crisp VGA screen does help a lot. But if you mainly use those apps like Kidometer, Skyscape etc. You would better off keep to Palm! :)