How do you know if you get a scholarship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rhodes1210

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question, cause I've seen a lot of "I received a scholarship from X school" and what not. Do you guys only get these offers AFTER you've committed to a school, or are schools trying to essentially bribe you guys BEFORE you even commit?

Just wondering cause I haven't gotten any yet, despite multiple acceptances. :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Quick question, cause I've seen a lot of "I received a scholarship from X school" and what not. Do you guys only get these offers AFTER you've committed to a school, or are schools trying to essentially bribe you guys BEFORE you even commit?

Just wondering cause I haven't gotten any yet, despite multiple acceptances. :p
Pretty sure you don't have to commit to receive scholarship offers... People usually receive scholarship notices right after their acceptance emails.

Usually they'll tell you in your acceptance email/phone call. You may also continue to apply for scholarships throughout dental school.

Members don't see this ad :)
dang that's unfortunate, thanks guys!

Ask the schools you got accepted to if there is any scholarship you can sign up for. I'd call the financial aid departments first.

Not too sure how dental schools work with scholarships, but for my undergrad each school offered scholarships for me in different ways..
(some offered with acceptance letter, others did not offer until I asked)