Sep 2, 2017
I've been hearing IA a lot on this thread. How do you know you have one on your record? Would your Undegrad school notify you if you have one?

I got a couple interview invitations so far and checked no on IA. Asking b/c professor from last semester addressed the class saying he suspected 20+ people in the class who had similar hw answers from an old key. Prof put a note on mine and said I copied. I know I didn't copy. Note that this is a math class that required you show your work, which I did. Prof told class he will give 50% on the assignment and write down student names. He told us he doesnt want this to happen again to the whole class and will not write up IA for 20+ people. I got a 100% on the assignment and he didn't address me throughout the semester. I was on amicable terms w/ the prof since I went to office hrs a lot for questions and he never commented on that note.

holdthemayo

5+ Year Member
May 13, 2014
Ysllodins
Status
Medical Student
I've been hearing IA a lot on this thread. How do you know you have one on your record? Would your Undegrad school notify you if you have one?

I got a couple interview invitations so far and checked no on IA. Asking b/c professor from last semester addressed the class saying he suspected 20+ people in the class who had similar hw answers from an old key. Prof put a note on mine and said I copied. I know I didn't copy. Note that this is a math class that required you show your work, which I did. Prof told class he will give 50% on the assignment and write down student names. He told us he doesnt want this to happen again to the whole class and will not write up IA for 20+ people. I got a 100% on the assignment and he didn't address me throughout the semester. I was on amicable terms w/ the prof since I went to office hrs a lot for questions and he never commented on that note.
This does not sound like an IA to me. It sounds like a warning.

If you are uncertain, you can always write to the disciplinary office at your school. They will be able to tell you if you have one and what it is.

About the Ads