How do you know if you have an IA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CookiesandCream22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been hearing IA a lot on this thread. How do you know you have one on your record? Would your Undegrad school notify you if you have one?

I got a couple interview invitations so far and checked no on IA. Asking b/c professor from last semester addressed the class saying he suspected 20+ people in the class who had similar hw answers from an old key. Prof put a note on mine and said I copied. I know I didn't copy. Note that this is a math class that required you show your work, which I did. Prof told class he will give 50% on the assignment and write down student names. He told us he doesnt want this to happen again to the whole class and will not write up IA for 20+ people. I got a 100% on the assignment and he didn't address me throughout the semester. I was on amicable terms w/ the prof since I went to office hrs a lot for questions and he never commented on that note.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been hearing IA a lot on this thread. How do you know you have one on your record? Would your Undegrad school notify you if you have one?

I got a couple interview invitations so far and checked no on IA. Asking b/c professor from last semester addressed the class saying he suspected 20+ people in the class who had similar hw answers from an old key. Prof put a note on mine and said I copied. I know I didn't copy. Note that this is a math class that required you show your work, which I did. Prof told class he will give 50% on the assignment and write down student names. He told us he doesnt want this to happen again to the whole class and will not write up IA for 20+ people. I got a 100% on the assignment and he didn't address me throughout the semester. I was on amicable terms w/ the prof since I went to office hrs a lot for questions and he never commented on that note.

This does not sound like an IA to me. It sounds like a warning.

If you are uncertain, you can always write to the disciplinary office at your school. They will be able to tell you if you have one and what it is.

Reactions: 2 users