How do you know when you are truly ready for the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentdoctor08

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a possibility that you can never really be ready for the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

You're ready when you start feeling like you don't care anymore and you want to just get it over with.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm at the point where I can't study anymore (even though I'm finishing a few passages and final overall content review right now) for my Thursday test date. I haven't done much in the past two weeks besides the final aamc tests I had left. I had my goal, but I'm at the point where I'll be happy with 4 points lower than that, I just want to be done.

I'm at the point where I can't study anymore (even though I'm finishing a few passages and final overall content review right now) for my Thursday test date. I haven't done much in the past two weeks besides the final aamc tests I had left. I had my goal, but I'm at the point where I'll be happy with 4 points lower than that, I just want to be done.
It's Tuesday night, you have a test in less than two days. Get off SDN and stop studying. Do something that has absolutely nothing to do with the MCAT. The last thing you want to do is psych yourself out before the exam.

It's good to know I'm not the only one starting to not care about the test. I brought my study stuff to the hotel room I'm staying, but people(and Kaplan) are recommending I do nothing the day before. Not even flash cards? I struggle w verbal so i'm tempted to do maybe one verbal passage tomorrow..