How do you know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vitaminj

FDA Approval Pending
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem like there is no information out there to compare your credentials to what a program looks for?

Take every other step in this whole process and I think you will see what I mean....

1. College-you could find numerous sources with Average High School GPA, SAT scores, etc.

2. Med School-everywhere you turn there is Average GPA, average science GPA, average MCAT score, breakdown for each section of the MCAT, etc.

3. The Match--seems as though it is all a bunch word of mouth, with someone telling a friend who told a friend about this, that and the other thing. Am I the only person who feels like there is no standardized source of information breaking-down programs and rating them accordingly? It seems like finding objective info from the residency programs themselve would be difficult, I mean they need to fill a house staff so of course they are going to make their program sound like the "perfect program for you". The whole process seems pretty overwhelming and even books like First Aid for the Match and Isersons are not very specific.

If anybody knows how to get this kind of info, so you know where you stand please share.

Members don't see this ad.