How do you list volunteer hours if it's an opportunity provided through an extracurricular org?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

impassivitea

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you can't double dip so I'm not sure what to do.

For example, if I list an organization that I was a part of on OptomCAS, should I just count my hours of involvement as general meetings, fundraising, etc.? And then list the volunteering I did with that org as a separate "experience"?

Or should I just combine the volunteering hours with the total hours when I list that org?

What did you guys do? I'd appreciate any help you could offer!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I am a part of Autism Speaks at my school and I listed that I was a member and I attended meetings, listened to lectures, and fundraised in one section. I then added a different section for our annual "Autism Speaks Walk" that is around 10 volunteer hours each year I was in the club. I listed that separately since it was it's own event. I also am a member of the Pre-Opt club at my school and volunteered at the special olympics in my state for vision screenings. I put those separately as well since going to the special olympics to volunteer was a choice and even though I heard about it from the club, it was not sponsored by the club. I hope that makes sense!

I'm not sure if this helps, but I am a part of Autism Speaks at my school and I listed that I was a member and I attended meetings, listened to lectures, and fundraised in one section. I then added a different section for our annual "Autism Speaks Walk" that is around 10 volunteer hours each year I was in the club. I listed that separately since it was it's own event. I also am a member of the Pre-Opt club at my school and volunteered at the special olympics in my state for vision screenings. I put those separately as well since going to the special olympics to volunteer was a choice and even though I heard about it from the club, it was not sponsored by the club. I hope that makes sense!
It does help. Thank you, I appreciate it!