• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

bashaut

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
HI,

I need some inputs from current pharmacists or pharmacy students about how would I manage a community pharmacy?
It's for an interview questions.

Thank you

Caverject

15+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2003
HI,

I need some inputs from current pharmacists or pharmacy students about how would I manage a community pharmacy?
It's for an interview questions.

Thank you
I manage mine very well. I would assume most others manage their pharmacies this way too.

sdn1977

10+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2005
Status (Visible)
Caverject's post aside.....its hard to manage a retail pharmacy if you're an independent. That's a very complicated, difficult & vastly changing area of ambulatory pharmacy.

If you're a managing one pharmacy in a large corporation, that is usually pretty easy. Everything is written - you have clear policies & procedures to follow, the corporation will set the lead for expanded services (ie collaborative practice agreements), you have budgetary boundaries the corporation will set as goals or parameters & your outcome measurement will be on either service results &/or rx count - unfortunately. Your basic PIC - pretty easy stuff.

In both circumstances...you have employee issues. It becomes a fine line to walk between "telling" someone what to do all the time (thus not allowing either their or your independent thought & action to develop) and "allowing" them the freedom to participate in as many aspects of the business as possible - thus giving the business a cohesive approach to all pts whether you're there or not there & allowing those employees to grow....and this applies to all the employees - from the clerks to the staff pharmacists.

If this is for an interview.....you'd want to familiarize yourself with the expanded areas of practice within community pharmacy - that's what they're looking for in addition to leadership qualities. (Those schools that crank out retail pharmacists - they want to hear that you're interested in different business models too....)

About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.