How Do you Manage studying MCAT during school semester

hugh2012

2+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
So I have to take MCATs before next summer to apply to medical school. I am finishing up biochem and Physics 2 this semester and will not have time to really study for MCAT so I can only take it next semester so I will start hardcore studying for it winter break. My question is should I take a light course load next semester to fit in MCATs. How did you guys study for MCATs during the semester and manage 35+s?

I'm in the same boat. I'm probably gonna take molecular bio or physiology just to stay on track with my degree, and I heard those are pretty good upper level bio classes to take for the MCAT/MS.

caffeinemia

5+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2014
New York, NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I am always surprised that students found college so busy. Outline the course of your day for us ... Maybe it would help us give more insight on how/when to study.

Reactions: MrLogan13

MrLogan13

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
May 16, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Just spread it out over the course of your academic year. An hour there, two hours there. There's really no need to change your course load to prepare. I had some heavy time commitments in grad school while doing my prep, it's really not that bad. Undergrad really isn't that time consuming.