how do you pack a suit for an interview you need to travel to by plane?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aegistitan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
how do you pack a suit for an interview you need to travel to by plane?

Members don't see this ad.

You have a few options:

-Wear the suit on the plane if it's a short flight, hang it in the bathroom and turn the shower on to steam out any wrinkles before your interview.

-Buy a carry on that has a "suiter," or a garment bag designed to hold a suit while folded and minimize wrinkles

-Carry it on in a garment bag and count this as your personal item, lay it on top of the other carry on bags or ask a flight attendant if they can hang it in their closet.

-Fold it carefully and just put in your bag as normal, bring a travel iron or steamer with you.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Garment bag as a carry-on, then immediately take out and hang it up when you get to wherever you're staying

I don't recommend wearing it during travel because the possibility of something spilling on it is high enough that I don't think anyone should risk it

Reactions: 1 user

I used the above to fold my suit jacket and it worked well. I looked up a separate video for my skirt, I'm sure there is something similar for pants.

I stayed at a hotel that offered free dry cleaning and steaming which was... something I didn't expect. But check into that too if you are booking a reservation.

Roll them up. Very few creases will be made that way. Hang them up as soon as you get to your hotel and lightly spray some water on it to get wrinkles out.

Keep it in a garment bag, give it to a stewardess to put in the flight closet. If the closet is full fold the bag carefully and place it in the overhead compartment. Make sure it doesn't get crushed up there by someone elses carry-on.

Side note: But a no-wrinkle suit. Seriously, my favorite suit is from the JCrew outlet. Cheap, fits amazing and looks amazing and never wrinkles. I kept it folded up below my seat on the airplane to my last interview with no problems whatsoever.

I agree with Wedge, don't wear it on the flight. It's an unnecessary (and uncomfortable) risk.