How do you pay for medical school applications? Parents don't qualify for FAP.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I take out a student loan, my parents will find out, and they will kick me out and not pay for my tuition any more. The student loan won't be enough to cover all of tuition, and I won't have a place to stay or money to buy food.

Are you trolling here? 90% of college students take out loans. You will definitely be taking out loans for medical school. If you are so opposed to loans you should not be attending medical school, this is an expensive investment. Please take a year off and learn about finances.

Members don't see this ad.

My parents hate loans or anything that has to do with debt. They pay for my tuition. I have to contribute half of my salary. If I don't work at all, then I don't contribute to tuition and they will pay for all of it, BUT that would leave me no money for myself and for med school apps. They won't pay for med school apps or interviews.

If I take out a student loan, my parents will find out, and they will kick me out and not pay for my tuition any more. The student loan won't be enough to cover all of tuition, and I won't have a place to stay or money to buy food.

So basically, student loans aren't an option if I want to graduate college. I am considering various odd ways to make money, and considering donating plasma, but I am not sure what are the side effects of that. Is it safe to do it for a long period of time twice a week?
this is absolutely insane. I would be tempted to buck my parents and take out the loans I need.

tell your parents to fight me irl

Reactions: 1 user
Are you trolling here? 90% of college students take out loans. You will definitely be taking out loans for medical school. If you are so opposed to loans you should not be attending medical school, this is an expensive investment. Please take a year off and learn about finances.
it sounds like his parents need the education, tbh.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you can't or won't even take out loans for couple of applications, how are you going to pay for medical school? You should talk to your parents about the cost of medical school.

Get a credit card or get another job. Thousands of people do this each year, there's no secret to it. Although your parents do sound like more of a hindrance than helpful.

Most banks have credit cards you can receive with paperless statements and lower interest rates, if you do automatic withdraw for credit card payment and go paperless on your primary checking account.

Click on link and scroll to page 4, it explains application fees. The more schools you apply to in your initial application the better. Do some research on which schools you would like to attend and apply to them all right off the bat. Plan on saving up your loose change either way though.

http://www.aacom.org/Documents/AACOMASInstructions.pdf