How do you pay for school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xxatti

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do all you guys who attend school in Europe pay for it all? A lot of the universities in Europe are not eligible for federal aid. So are a lot of people paying out of their own pocket, or using personal loans... or some other means:confused: ? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

I would check again. I went to grad school in Italy and I got stafford loan. As long as the school is accredited, it should qualify. You may have to ask the finaid dept for the Title IV code.

I would check again. I went to grad school in Italy and I got stafford loan. As long as the school is accredited, it should qualify. You may have to ask the finaid dept for the Title IV code.

Unfortunately, rules for foreign medical school federal loans are different.

If the country is not on the approved NCFMEA list and the school itself is not approved, no dice.

All education is free in Finland and I only pay about 60 euros a year for my vet school. Then again I have to pay huge taxes of my salary when I graduate and start working, but I'm still happy with our system as it is now, because it doesn't matter whether someone's from rich or poor family as we don't have to pay huge tuition fees. We buy books ourselves, though, and they cost quite a lot.