How do you pay for this???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaginawPremed

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm kosher with the idea of being in exorbitant debt for medical school-- as far as student loans to pay for my education. But how does one pay for an apartment and food and all the other living expenses while in school for that extend period? Can student loans be taken out for that too?

I really do not want to have to depend on my parents after college... actually, I'm not even sure if that's an option.

Members don't see this ad.

SaginawPremed said:
I'm kosher with the idea of being in exorbitant debt for medical school-- as far as student loans to pay for my education. But how does one pay for an apartment and food and all the other living expenses while in school for that extend period? Can student loans be taken out for that too?

I really do not want to have to depend on my parents after college... actually, I'm not even sure if that's an option.

Your student loans cover living as well as educational expenses. The school's education budget that they set out includes money for food and an apartment and whatever else you need. Ie: 50k is divided up into 35k for tuition, 10k for rent and food, and 5k for personal expenses and books.