How do you plan on celebrating an acceptance to dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confused1617

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i thought we should lighten up the mood as we wait for interviews or dec 1st to come !!

I myself will be going on vacation to my home country and visit people I haven't seen since 2003!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I am probably going to work my butt off to save money. lol

Reactions: 6 users
I'd probably go eat someplace nice with some family and friends. A vacation does sound nice, but if anything, it would probably be saved for the summer before d-school :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i thought we should lighten up the mood as we wait for interviews or dec 1st to come !!

I myself will be going on vacation to my home country and visit people I haven't seen since 2003!

Where you from? I'm from Iraq but I don't think it would be a good idea to go there at this time lol.

But the day I am accepted to dental school will be the best day of my life. Even when I saw my DAT score I was overcome with joy because I knew that I was going to become a dentist at that moment, and there is even a good chance I'll be accepted on my first time applying. I do not know how I will be celebrating; perhaps with some Hennessy or Remy Martin.

Reactions: 1 users
Sit out on the porch and enjoy a cigar

Reactions: 1 user
Where you from? I'm from Iraq but I don't think it would be a good idea to go there at this time lol.

But the day I am accepted to dental school will be the best day of my life. Even when I saw my DAT score I was overcome with joy because I knew that I was going to become a dentist at that moment, and there is even a good chance I'll be accepted on my first time applying. I do not know how I will be celebrating; perhaps with some Hennessy or Remy Martin.
I am originally Syrian but lived in Jordan a while back. I am planning to go to Jordan since Syria is out of the question so I feel your pain, lol. Plane tickets in Dec are half the price in the summer so I figured I would go in Dec!

I am originally Syrian but lived in Jordan a while back. I am planning to go to Jordan since Syria is out of the question so I feel your pain, lol. Plane tickets in Dec are half the price in the summer so I figured I would go in Dec!

I see; Damascus is a remarkable region and among the most historically rich city's on Earth. My uncle lived in Syria before moving to Canada a few years ago; I wish you the best, and will pray for the day peace returns to the Fertile Crescent.

Sushi. Lots and lots of sushi. Oh and a vacation to bora bora :)

does everyone here feels super stressed out and sometimes depressed because we are literally 6 solid weeks away from Dec 1st. 6 weeks. it seems so long.

Reactions: 9 users
does everyone here feels super stressed out and sometimes depressed because we are literally 6 solid weeks away from Dec 1st. 6 weeks. it seems so long.
Yes, all the time! But then I think of how far I have gotten!
Dat down, pre reqs finished, app complete, interviews done (most)! We're at the tip of the ice berg!

Crying then drinking. Same thing I'll do if I don't get in ;)

Reactions: 24 users
Members don't see this ad :)
But it has something to do with a gallon tub of ben and jerry's ice cream and my belly.

I'm going to climb Denali and spend as much time as possible hiking in general. A Dec 1 acceptance would make this a lot more exciting but I'm going to do it even if I don't get in lol.

I would study for the finals. I don't want to get rejected because of my final transcript haha

I would study for the finals. I don't want to get rejected because of my final transcript haha

I plan on doing the opposite. The second I hear good news = goodbye good grades" :hello:

Last edited:
Probably get **** faced drunk with some close friends, then proceed to work as many hours as I possibly can before the start of school to save money

already planned a summer vacation to europe right before dental school

Vacation away sounds pretty nice! 44 days left you guys!

A hug and a thanks for all those that supported me.

12:00 AM. Monday, December 3rd, 2013:
Email says "Offer of Acceptance".
AADSAS says "Offer made".

I say "good, now I can go to sleep."

Getting blackout drunk. Blackout. Like "won't ever remember what schools I got accepted to" drunk.

Reactions: 9 users
Half gallon of Hennessy

Since my birthday is December 2nd, I'm going to cry of relief upon seeing an acceptance to dental school and then have a glorious party with all my friends and family! :love:

I plan on calling my dad who is perhaps the single greatest influence in my dental school career since he is a dentist. Then I plan on watching the Heels take town the Terps in the ACC-Big 10 crossover game. Afterwards, I'll be celebrating the victory and acceptance with friends and might try out some 1738

Gob.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Well since you kept forgetting my name at the Pitt interview, I'm not sure you deserve an invite to my birthday hahaha :hardy:

where are you leaving from and what cities do you have in mind?

Not sure and not sure :). I don't apply until next cycle and don't graduate until 2017. Several of my friends and I are talking about doing this. We want to hit the major sites, Rome, London, etc. but will probably spend some time in some of the smaller countries as well. I'd like to get back to Amsterdam too. We are planning on taking a month and just going. My one friend has several relatives various places and they have already invited us to stay with them. Two of the people probably going are pre-med so we got to talking that this would be a great way to spend our last free summer until we retire LOL.

12:00 AM. Monday, December 3rd, 2013:
Email says "Offer of Acceptance".
AADSAS says "Offer made".

I say "good, now I can go to sleep."

Netflix and crash

With an expensive bottle of whiskey and a cigar!

But it has something to do with a gallon tub of ben and jerry's ice cream and my belly.
Are you going to rub it on your teeth and go to bed? And then eat the leftovers at room temperature in the morning?

Are you going to rub it on your teeth and go to bed?
No, I am going to rub it all over my skin and stand in a contemporary art museum doing poses from medieval era artwork.

No, I am going to rub it all over my skin and stand in a contemporary art museum doing poses from medieval era artwork.
I'd come to New York to see that.

Anyyyywhoooo I will try to keep as secretive as possible and only tell my friends and probably celebrate along the lines of 8 pints of craft beer and sushi. Then I will swear all to secrecy and tell my parents at Christmas by giving them shirts from the school or clothes from the school if the dental school doesn't have custom shirts.

FYI my mom is very knowledgeable about the process and I can't keep a secret/lie to save my life so things will get interesting.