How do you plan to finance your dental education?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How do you plan to finance your dental education?

• Traditional loan

Votes: 76 62.8%
  • Mooch off family

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • Find a Sugar Mama/Daddy

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • HPSP Scholarship

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mahfouz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was figuring since some of us have gotten into school this cycle, y'all would like to share your plans for financing your dental education. Fill out the poll!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't see the tab for prostitution of wife and self?! :confused:

I'm financing it with your tax dollars. Taxes on hard earned money ---> $$$$$$$ to government ---> $$$$$ to military ---> $$ to HPSP scholarships ---> $ to yours truly :D

Thanks for paying your taxes!

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh: Haha, don't worry about me, I haven't even paid enough in taxes to cover a month's foodstamps payout. And besides, the military isn't for everyone, or we all would be paying for our dental educations with hard-earned tax money. :laugh:

:laugh: Haha, don't worry about me, I haven't even paid enough in taxes to cover a month's foodstamps payout. And besides, the military isn't for everyone, or we all would be paying for our dental educations with hard-earned tax money. :laugh:

Nope, they don't have enough scholarships to give everyone :). Only the best ones of us :). It's a great scholarship, but I would still rather have rich parents pay for it for me. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those. Hopefully doing the military scholarship will be a good way to start off my path to becoming a rich parent who can pay for whatever education my future kids will need so that they don't have to sign up for the military to pay for it. Look out you 1%ers, I'm on my way to join your ranks. I can't believe 30% of people have their parents paying for it for them, I'm poorer than I thought.

Mi esposa is paying my way through in exchange that she can retire when I finish D-School. Seems like an equitable trade.

1. buying a lottery ticket
2. applying for scholarships
3. robbing my parents as my last option :(

Nope, they don't have enough scholarships to give everyone :). Only the best ones of us :). It's a great scholarship, but I would still rather have rich parents pay for it for me. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those. Hopefully doing the military scholarship will be a good way to start off my path to becoming a rich parent who can pay for whatever education my future kids will need so that they don't have to sign up for the military to pay for it. Look out you 1%ers, I'm on my way to join your ranks. I can't believe 30% of people have their parents paying for it for them, I'm poorer than I thought.

The poll asked to check all that apply right? So it's not likely that 30% implies that parents are paying the entire check, prob. just helping out.

1. Look into LOCs.
2. If unsustainable/too crazy, mooch off family.

That said, my family is already against the idea of a loan.

1. Look into LOCs.
2. If unsustainable/too crazy, mooch off family.

That said, my family is already against the idea of a loan.

lol my family feels the same way :laugh:

Loan all the way!!! Though won't have to worry about rent.

Loan all the way!!! Though won't have to worry about rent.

Yeah same here, although I would rather sell my clothes than give the government 7-8% interest on money my parents already paid into the system. :eek: