Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

How do you politely

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BlackPuma, Oct 23, 2001.

1. tell a school that you no longer want to take their interview offer...I don't want to sound pompous...but I have a difficulty saying.....

"Sorry lost interest, found a better place"

especially if the person on the other end, is extremely nice :(

I FEEL so bad even thinking about it....

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lilycat

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Send an email and then a signed letter to the admissions office stating something to the effect of, "At this point in time it is necessary for me to withdraw my application for admission..." Just be very professional about it. I remember actually feeling bad about writing some of these letters, but the sooner you do it, the sooner you will be helping out another fellow applicant, as well as making things easier on the office staff.

4. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

why, where did you get in dude? or did you just realize that you wouldn't go to the school? where are you refusing interview?

5. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

"Get Bent" always works for me.....

6. Thanks lilycat :D much appreciated....do you think I should withdrew though AFTER I got an acceptance from a school? think that is more logical?

7. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

If you do it right away, maybe someone can take that interview spot. If you're sure, why wait?