How do you politely

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

BlackPuma

tell a school that you no longer want to take their interview offer...I don't want to sound pompous...but I have a difficulty saying.....

"Sorry lost interest, found a better place"

especially if the person on the other end, is extremely nice :(

I FEEL so bad even thinking about it....

Members don't see this ad.

Send an email and then a signed letter to the admissions office stating something to the effect of, "At this point in time it is necessary for me to withdraw my application for admission..." Just be very professional about it. I remember actually feeling bad about writing some of these letters, but the sooner you do it, the sooner you will be helping out another fellow applicant, as well as making things easier on the office staff.

why, where did you get in dude? or did you just realize that you wouldn't go to the school? where are you refusing interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
"Get Bent" always works for me.....

Originally posted by lilycat:
•Send an email and then a signed letter to the admissions office stating something to the effect of, "At this point in time it is necessary for me to withdraw my application for admission..." Just be very professional about it. I remember actually feeling bad about writing some of these letters, but the sooner you do it, the sooner you will be helping out another fellow applicant, as well as making things easier on the office staff.•

Thanks lilycat :D much appreciated....do you think I should withdrew though AFTER I got an acceptance from a school? think that is more logical?

If you do it right away, maybe someone can take that interview spot. If you're sure, why wait?