Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How do you prepare for an interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by TwoSteveSquared, Sep 20, 2001.

1. TwoSteveSquared

TwoSteveSquared Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am just curious how everyone prepares for their interviews?

I have been reading old articles of Time to stay up to date on world issues and health care current events. I have also checked out interviewfeedback.com and the website of the schools I'm interviewing at.

Any other ideas out there?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AtYourCervix

AtYourCervix Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    At the beginning of this summer, I decided to keep a "medical school application process" journal. I find it a good place to compile all of the things I want to remember when interview time comes. I include inspiring quotes, notes on pertinent articles/books that I read, details about what I like about each school to which I apply, random thoughts, dreams and aspirations, etc. I plan on bringing it to my interviews as well because its a good piece of physical evidence that I have put a lot of time and thought into my decision to go into medicine.

Hope this helps.
    DukeGirlie ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MSN1

MSN1 Member
    7+ Year Member

4. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member
    7+ Year Member

Think a bit. What are your strengths/weaknesses? When you were in the hospital last what was the one thing that peeved you that was a result of the system (ie. overly long waiting, too much insurance bias, etc). Research that one thign some more and think how you would try to change things. Plus after a couple it starts to become kind of rote "ah, yes, my time working as a fireman..." and off you go. Work hard for the first couple, after that your learning curve should've kicked in. --Trek

5. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

Hmm....here's what I did...

Waited until the night before..then around 8pmish...I took out a sheet of paper and had some questions listed out...I answered them with bullet points...and that was about all..and then i worried all night about if i had done enough...not nearly as hardcore as many others here...but I tend to wing a lot of things...prolly not the best thing to do either....since I found myself mumbling at times :(
    Oh, and then just read this forum..like the HMO posts and things like that....they are usually a pretty good resource..don't stress about current events...I haven't gotten any HMO, ethical, or current events questions yet...

6. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Read punkin 2's suggestions on page 2 of the "Ladies, What are you wearing to the interviews? thread. I was most impressed with her advice.

7. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Be totally and completely able to say clearly why you want to become a doctor. If you hum and ho and stammer, then they may wonder if you really have a reason behind your wanting to become a doctor.

Eye contact and great first impressions are also things that come to mind.