How do you read and highlight?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LMAT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you're reading your content books, should you highlight? Does it actually help you remember it? or is that just personal preference?

I mean I'm reading the EK bio and a lot of it is important. I'm not sure if I should highlight since I would be highlighting most of the paragraphs.

Also, what exactly is important in the EK bio book? Everything in it? Or just the "concepts" of what they're trying to teach?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

For my Kaplan books I didn't make any marks in the books at all. Instead, I had smaller Five-Star notebooks that I wrote all of my notes in. Highlighting doesn't help me remember material, but rewriting it does. It was also nice since I didn't have to carry around all my content books in the home stretch of studying, all I needed to carry were my small notebooks.

P.S. I studied using EK books two years ago when I was a junior in college (voided my score), and although it was nice back then, I needed a more in-depth review this time around.