Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

How do you say NO to the chief resident??

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Jacqueline, May 29, 2000.

1. Jacqueline

Jacqueline Junior Member

There's this amazing guy who i have been working with for the past four months. He's so cute, so charming, so rich (well, his parents...just kidding), and has the nicest personality. He asked me out twice, and i have given him the lamest excuse possible. He's white..I am a cute Asian..That doesn't mix too well with my parents. What should i do?? To date Or not to date that is the question???

P.S. He's a great kisser (don't ask)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm confused.

Exactly what does this have to do with saying no to the Chief Resident?

Tim of New York City.

[This message has been edited by turtleboard (edited 05-29-2000).]

4. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    No offense, but how does this apply to this board?

Hey Turtleboard...it's nice to finally fins someone with more postings than myself!!

------------------
    'Old Man Dave'
    KCOM, Class of '03

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained!!

5. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor

Resident [Any Field]
    OMD, I'm not sure if that's a compliment are pointing to the fact that I lead a somewhat pathetic, internet-based existence. [​IMG]

Tim of New York City.
    (Racing to 1000!)

6. Carbon Klein

Carbon Klein Senior Member

That's pretty impressive, the 500 and 600 club, but watch out for me! I have over 160 posts racked up and it's only been 1 month! [​IMG]

Jacqueline, you should lead your own life and if you like the chief, then go for him. You can't let your parents decide what path your life will lead. I know about disapproving parents and believe me, they'll get over it. It's your life, YOU should be happy.

------------------

7. buttercup

buttercup Senior Member

J-At what stage are you in medicine? I ask b/c I have a female friend who is a second year this year (I'm going into my first year)
    and she got involved with the chief ER resident during her first year. It was not a great idea. Amazingly, they are still good friends, but the situation got very frustrating for her due to the gap in career timelines. She was for a good while the object of a great amount of jealousy and even some overt animosity from female docs, nurses, other med students, etc.; she felt frustrated b/c the man in question tried to help her to the point of steering her every career move- and it could have been much worse for both of them if it hadn't ended when it had, and by his initiative. (Imagine if she'd broken it off and he felt resentful)

My advice to you is be pretty cautious if you are substantially behind him in years.

8. Jacqueline

Jacqueline Junior Member

Thanks buttercup!! That was my whole entire dilemma. Besides, I plan to go back to palo alto when i graduate from medical school. The relationship is not meant to be anyways. Thanks for your help. Go stanford!!

9. buttercup

buttercup Senior Member

J- look up Dr. Eric L. Weiss when you're there. He's an ER attending and a super nice guy!