• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
Jul 7, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
I want to send a letter of interest to one of my top schools because I feel that I did not portray my desire to attend as much as I could have in the secondary, how does one go about doing so? Writing a letter and mailing it to admissions? Emailing admissions?

Goro

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Your application was your LOI.

Don't waste their time and yours.

I want to send a letter of interest to one of my top schools because I feel that I did not portray my desire to attend as much as I could have in the secondary, how does one go about doing so? Writing a letter and mailing it to admissions? Emailing admissions?

ortnakas

DO PGY-2
7+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2013
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Trust Goro.

LOIs are kind of Hail Mary... might be worth a shot if it's the end of the cycle and you're sitting on the wait list, but doesn't make any sense in August.

About the Ads
Jul 7, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Ok I won't do it, I guess I'll cross my fingers on the sub par secondary I wrote. Thanks for the help Goro. Not just for this but you've been helping me with all my DO questions so thanks!! :)

Reactions: Goro

StudyLater

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Your application was your LOI.

Don't waste their time and yours.
If I know anything about important professionals, I don't think they'd waste more than 0.5s clicking "delete."

About the Ads