How do you send GRE scores to med schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. J?

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate to ask this b/c I'm sure it's been covered before, but since the search engines down, I must go ahead anyway. How do I send GRE scores to the schools I'm applying to? Do I send it to AMCAS? Or do I send a copy of the score report directly to each school?

Members don't see this ad.

Last years AMCAS application had a section where you could report scores from tests other than the MCAT. I'd start by putting the scores there and having score reports sent to AMCAS so they can verify them. The schools I've been accepted at have only requested transcripts (not official MCAT reports), so I would assume they don't want you GRE report either.

I called AMCAS about this the other day. If you are just applying to regular MD programs (not MD/PhD) you do not send AMCAS your GRE scores. Just put your scores on the application under additional test scores section. If the medical school wants to verify them they will contact you and ask you to send a score report. If you are not applying MD/PhD chances are they won't even do that. They'll probably just look at them as supplemental information, not really giving them any weight since they will of course be looking at MCAT scores. However if you are a MD/PhD applicant you better call AMCAS and ask b/c it may be different for you.