How do you stay FOCUSED!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beckesita

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm already for this semester to be over and I still have what feels like a zillion more years of school left! How do you guys/gals do it? Tell me I'm not alone on this one... I really really want to become a doctor I'm just scared I've got too short of an attention span. Any suggestions, help, advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Beckesita,

Getting into med school does require patience, determination, and most importantly yearning. I am sure you have the will to become a doctor. It might be overwhelming at first since you are just starting. Don't worry, you are not alone. I used to feel this way too. But if you want advice on how to keep yourself focused and motivated: I have found that hanging out with people who are in the same boat as I am helps. These people are highly motivated and intelligent individuals. They can help you, intentionally or not, to become motivated. Just being in this crowd challenges you intellectually and gives you reason to become a doctor. You can find these people in honors club, premed clubs, or any academically relevant organizations in your college. One other way that can help you is to look deep in yourself and ask yourself why you want to become a doctor. Don't fall for the superficial and trivial reasons. I don't mean to be corny but if your heart is in the right place, your mind will too.

Good luck.

I take Focusan!

If it's good enough for BART, it's good enough for me :)