How do you study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What are the top 1-2 ways you study

• Mostly Lecture

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Mostly (Board) Review Books

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Mostly Textbooks

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Lecture + Textbooks

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Lecture + (Board) Review Books

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Textbooks + (Board) Review Books

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters

Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a followup on my previous question, what is your predominant way of studying?

By Lecture, I mean using lecture notes.

Members don't see this ad.

depends on the class. Typical is lecture (in person or Lectures Online) and lecture notes, at least one reading over the assigned text pages (when we have them), a board review book (if there is one for that subject and when I have time), and my school's Knowledge Co-op notes that are distributed a week before an exam - I make sure I know most of what's in the KCoop notes at a minimum. I also go over the old test packet - I typically do one test per day from oldest to newest.

I think you should maybe distinguish between "going to lecture" and "lecture notes".

I do a combination of lecture notes, BRS and other review books to quiz myself, and maybe refer to side texts to clear stuff up. I think the course I've used the actual text for is anatomy. Some classes (biochem and cell bio for example) I never even got the real text for it.

Originally posted by DW
I think you should maybe distinguish between "going to lecture" and "lecture notes".

I do a combination of lecture notes, BRS and other review books to quiz myself, and maybe refer to side texts to clear stuff up. I think the course I've used the actual text for is anatomy. Some classes (biochem and cell bio for example) I never even got the real text for it.

Drat, thats a really good idea DW and I wish I had thought of that, unfortunately I can't edit the poll anymore.