SwingDoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2003
Chicago
Status (Visible)
I'm interested in finding out how people study. If you have a successful way of doing things I would love to hear about it. Thanks in advance.

Syranope2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2004
Colorado
Status (Visible)
i learn by writing. so when i go over and review stuff, i'll write it all down in a nice coherent outline and then i can study from those.

Joe Joe on da Radio

Gissepi
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
i take notes from textbooks, review books, other sources and consolidate them with lecture notes into one written/typed document. it's time-consuming at first, but come exam time, it saves me time in frantically flipping back and forth from piles of different references. i'll also have a permanent easily accessible source for future review.

-jj

About the Ads

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2002
in hell
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Im not really efficient at studying these days. Sometimes it can hurt me some.

But I usually try and make notes in my handouts and whatever I read. Sometimes I'll transfer those notes to another piece of paper, or try and make questions to those notes.

And right before exam time, I try and consolidate my notes on a few sheets of paper writing really really really small. Wish I could do it earlier (ie right after the class) but sometimes I can't really take out the pertinent info just then. Its not till the end that things begin to come together.

Entei

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2002
Status (Visible)
1.) Go to lecture.
2.) Read the text.
3.) Read the relevant review books.
4.) Repeat steps 2 and 3 ad infinitum.

After a few months of school, I realized that I never really learned how to study. Just slogging along and reading the same crap a million times works the best for me. I can't get into writing things down or making charts or pretty pictures.

Tranquility

:::SMILE!!:::
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2004
Central Jersey/Rutgers
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by SwingDoc
I'm interested in finding out how people study. If you have a successful way of doing things I would love to hear about it. Thanks in advance.

There are a couple of really good long threads on this in the lounge....if you type "study" in the search area..you may be able to find a few....I've def picked up a few good pointers...;)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.