How do you study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SwingDoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I'm interested in finding out how people study. If you have a successful way of doing things I would love to hear about it. Thanks in advance.

Syranope2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i learn by writing. so when i go over and review stuff, i'll write it all down in a nice coherent outline and then i can study from those.

Joe Joe on da Radio

Gissepi
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i take notes from textbooks, review books, other sources and consolidate them with lecture notes into one written/typed document. it's time-consuming at first, but come exam time, it saves me time in frantically flipping back and forth from piles of different references. i'll also have a permanent easily accessible source for future review.

-jj

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im not really efficient at studying these days. Sometimes it can hurt me some.

But I usually try and make notes in my handouts and whatever I read. Sometimes I'll transfer those notes to another piece of paper, or try and make questions to those notes.

And right before exam time, I try and consolidate my notes on a few sheets of paper writing really really really small. Wish I could do it earlier (ie right after the class) but sometimes I can't really take out the pertinent info just then. Its not till the end that things begin to come together.

Entei

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1.) Go to lecture.
2.) Read the text.
3.) Read the relevant review books.
4.) Repeat steps 2 and 3 ad infinitum.

After a few months of school, I realized that I never really learned how to study. Just slogging along and reading the same crap a million times works the best for me. I can't get into writing things down or making charts or pretty pictures.

Tranquility

:::SMILE!!:::
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SwingDoc
I'm interested in finding out how people study. If you have a successful way of doing things I would love to hear about it. Thanks in advance.

There are a couple of really good long threads on this in the lounge....if you type "study" in the search area..you may be able to find a few....I've def picked up a few good pointers...;)

nutmegs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I write out the objectives from each lecture.