How do you tell a school you love them?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

funkydrmonkey

They Call Me Dr. Funkmonk
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the weird title. Okay, so besides applying early, how can we tell a school that we would love to go to that school, so that we will not get screened out even before a secondary... My worries are that Mayo might reject pre-secondary, and I would love to go there...

Members don't see this ad.

Write a hot and heavy love letter.

Or something along those lines.

you will have trouble getting into mayo anyways. Don't they have a super tiny class size?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're worried about being screened out pre-secondary, do you think you honestly have a shot at getting an interview (let alone an acceptance)? I don't think there is much you can pre-secondary, but post-secondary write a letter about how much you want to be at their school. Though most people save letters of intent/interest until after their interviews.

Edit -- After looking at your MDApps profile, you shouldn't worry about being screened out pre-secondary.

You don't want to stay in california? :eek:

:)

Send them an e-mail with the song "Bump N' Grind" by R-Kelly to admissions.

:laugh::laugh:

You don't want to stay in california? :eek:

:)

I would not mind staying in California... in fact I would love it, its just I am afraid I might not get in...

If you're worried about being screened out pre-secondary, do you think you honestly have a shot at getting an interview (let alone an acceptance)? I don't think there is much you can pre-secondary, but post-secondary write a letter about how much you want to be at their school. Though most people save letters of intent/interest until after their interviews.

Edit -- After looking at your MDApps profile, you shouldn't worry about being screened out pre-secondary.

The thing is, they seem kind of random, and I heard people with higher stats than me have gotten screened pre sec, and I have really average stats...

I would not mind staying in California... in fact I would love it, its just I am afraid I might not get in...

We have similar stats and I got to stick around, I think you got a good shot at it if you play your cards right

*EDIT*

your stats is average for california schools maybe, but I don't think it's that average outside of this state.

We have similar stats and I got to stick around, I think you got a good shot at it if you play your cards right

*EDIT*

your stats is average for california schools maybe, but I don't think it's that average outside of this state.

Exactly my point...

you don't need to worry. you're fine!!!!!!!!:hardy: you have above average stats for mayo so yea....

be careful. mayo is quite the heartbreaker ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
you don't need to worry. you're fine!!!!!!!!:hardy: you have above average stats for mayo so yea....

I don't think Mayo really works like that. They get 3,000 applications for very few spots... they could fill their class with 41+ 3.9+ students, but they look for other things. Exploration of the medical field, leadership abilities, community service, and such.

I don't think Mayo really works like that. They get 3,000 applications for very few spots... they could fill their class with 41+ 3.9+ students, but they look for other things. Exploration of the medical field, leadership abilities, community service, and such.

So what exactly does Mayo want?

So what exactly does Mayo want?

Honestly, anything we tell you on this particular question is PURE SPECULATION. You should call them and ask, it doesn't hurt to try.

Honestly, anything we tell you on this particular question is PURE SPECULATION. You should call them and ask, it doesn't hurt to try.

if you do this, please let me know what they say

*EDIT*

Pls go look on aamc.org before you start talking bogus

Sex and candy...it always does the trick.

It makes a sandwich that much tastier

Exactly. Someone else out there gets it.
Naw, I just like the small class size, use of the entire clinic, and so on...