How do you turn down an offer to attend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kayjay

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys/ladies!

Exactly how do you decline an offer to attend a pharmacy program? The reason I ask is because my deposit for one of the schools I applied to is due soon, but I've decided to attend school somewhere else. I'm wondering if I should write them a formal letter or email (??) stating my reason, or should I just let them automatically assume that I've decided not to attend by simply not paying my deposit? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

kayjay said:
Hi guys/ladies!

Exactly how do you decline an offer to attend a pharmacy program? The reason I ask is because my deposit for one of the schools I applied to is due soon, but I've decided to attend school somewhere else. I'm wondering if I should write them a formal letter or email (??) stating my reason, or should I just let them automatically assume that I've decided not to attend by simply not paying my deposit? :confused:

Thanks in advance!
Why do you care? If you're not going to that school, just let them know you're not going to attend. I don't think they're going to make you go to their school if you decline in an unacceptable manner. Again I ask, why do you care?

Just trying to be polite..I'm assuming the answer would be the latter part of my assumption..thanks...... :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
kayjay said:
Hi guys/ladies!

Thanks in advance!

I think it would be a nice gesture to let them know that you have decided not to attend rather than doing nothing and letting them assume so. This speeds up the process for them to pull people off the waiting list. It would also give you a chance to thank them for the acceptance, which I think is a kind thing to do. You don't have to give them a reason why, you can just simply say that you have decided to attend school elsewhere. I used email to inform schools.

I think email is the wwussy way to tell a school. They accepted you and all you can do for them is tell them via email that you are not going to their school? That is straight ***** way out. What you have to do is to just call them and tell them. SAay how thankful and humble you are that the school considered you and that at this time you won't be attending their school. Easy as pie. E-mails = wus pus way out of things. Phone-calls = professional way!!!

If you're calling PBA to tell them you're not attending, could you also tell them to let ME in your spot instead??? Hehhehe, just kidding!

I agree with the phone call and a "thank you"

when I did last year, I called first. Both schools asked me to send them an official letter anyways.

BESTPHARMACY said:
I think email is the wwussy way to tell a school. That is straight ***** way out. What you have to do is to just call them and tell them.
That is the most unprofessional post I've seen in this forum. I would recommend refraining from obscenities in this forum. Please express yourself, without degrading yourself.

BESTPHARMACY said:
I think email is the wwussy way to tell a school. They accepted you and all you can do for them is tell them via email that you are not going to their school? That is straight ***** way out. What you have to do is to just call them and tell them. SAay how thankful and humble you are that the school considered you and that at this time you won't be attending their school. Easy as pie. E-mails = wus pus way out of things. Phone-calls = professional way!!!

I think if you pay a fee, then you should be able to do it however you want. Also, don't many schools reject people by email?

Just call them.