How do you use Kaplan Qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Transformers

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like its only great for systems bu you can't like pinpoint say only renal-pharm or only renal-path..bascially you just have to create a 46-question lot and answer only those questions that you have encountred...amirite or is there a more effective way to use it? Personally, im just using it as a qbank for the year to get through stuff

Members don't see this ad.

I have Qbank and it's possible to choose both the system and subject of questions (for example, it seems there are 19 renal pharmacology questions).

For those who have used both, is it better to start with Kaplan or UWorld Qbank? Is buying two Qbanks even necessary?

My tentative plan is to do Kaplan throughout second year, 10-20 questions a day, and then do UWorld second semester as many times as I can, especially during dedicated study time. Does this seem like a good idea?

I keep debating whether it'd be better to do two sources or just do UWorld like 3 times, since I've gathered that is by far the best source. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Both of those choices seem very good. Indeed UWorld questions are the best, and Kaplan questions can be nitpicky. I've enjoyed doing them both so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have used both, is it better to start with Kaplan or UWorld Qbank? Is buying two Qbanks even necessary?

My tentative plan is to do Kaplan throughout second year, 10-20 questions a day, and then do UWorld second semester as many times as I can, especially during dedicated study time. Does this seem like a good idea?

I keep debating whether it'd be better to do two sources or just do UWorld like 3 times, since I've gathered that is by far the best source. Any advice would be much appreciated.

thats a great plan. over winter break do 45 questions a day. and then start uworld second semester

kaplan = worst qbank ever. enjoy wasting your time.
Uworld>NBME's>RX>genital herpes>Kaplan>San>that guy selling his torrented **** on SDN

kaplan = worst qbank ever. enjoy wasting your time.
Uworld>NBME's>RX>genital herpes>Kaplan>San>that guy selling his torrented **** on SDN

Agreed. I did Kaplan qbank and it really was a waste of time. Behavioral science, physiology questions were worth it though. I just started UWorld and it's a different beast. I've learned more from doing 4 blocks of UWorld than I did from 85% of Kaplan.

I really like Kaplan. I also got UW and my advice is: do both. But do them SLOWLY, and read every sentence in each explanation. A lot of people study to fast and overread things and then they have to do it again and again and again...that's my opinion.

umm..the EASY and medium questions on kaplan qbank are worth it...the hard, not so much...I'm doing gunner training as well to cover my first aid bases so thats why im not doing RX

Anyways guys, so, if I wanted to test only general path principles (i.e.- like the first chapters in robbins), would i select general principles AND pathology?

Also, my other imp question is, im using a macbook pro and whenever i take a qbank quiz on safari or chrome, i can never manage to find the END test or submit test button (i can't scroll down on the browser), hence my only way to submit or end test is hit the tab button and magically hope when i press enter it gets me to that button, any suggestions?

Anyone who's using/used Kaplan Qbank along with M2 year and has suggestion on how to best make use of the Qbank along with M2 material? Please share your experience! Much appreciated.

I did Kaplan QBank as an extra qbank for Step 1 and 2

Did not help me content wise at all.

Its only true value is to get you accustomed to very long vignettes, get super frustrated at the qbank so that when the real test comes along you will feel fine, and to get you some knowledge base for surviving really hard pimping questions (more Step 2 obviously)

It seems like its only great for systems bu you can't like pinpoint say only renal-pharm or only renal-path..bascially you just have to create a 46-question lot and answer only those questions that you have encountred...amirite or is there a more effective way to use it? Personally, im just using it as a qbank for the year to get through stuff

Actually, you can pinpoint like that...:rolleyes:

Also, my other imp question is, im using a macbook pro and whenever i take a qbank quiz on safari or chrome, i can never manage to find the END test or submit test button (i can't scroll down on the browser), hence my only way to submit or end test is hit the tab button and magically hope when i press enter it gets me to that button, any suggestions?

I am having the same problem on my mac. i first tried chrome, and then switched to safari, but that didn't solve anything. i can't scroll down to end the test or read the rest of a long explanation. i looked on the FAQ and it says to change screen resolution to 1024x768...i also tried that and didn't work. any idea how to fix this? :confused:

I have a macbook pro. I tried using "Command and - " key at the same time, it will zoom out your screen, then you can see the bottom of the long explanation. Hope this works for you.