How do you use SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK - so I have been here for a while, and I am realizing that there are all kinds of functions on here that I don't know about. I mean, I just learned about the little triangle thingy that alerts mods.

What is the paperclip icon for that appears next to the post rating sometimes?

Is there an instruction manual for SDN somewhere?

Members don't see this ad.

Flopotomist said:
OK - so I have been here for a while, and I am realizing that there are all kinds of functions on here that I don't know about. I mean, I just learned about the little triangle thingy that alerts mods.

What is the paperclip icon for that appears next to the post rating sometimes?

Is there an instruction manual for SDN somewhere?

I think the paperclip means that some has added an attachment.

How do I use SDN?

Way too much!

Members don't see this ad :)
How do I use SDN?

Very carefully!

I use SDN with a condom...can't afford to get any kind of diseases at this time.

dinesh said:
I use SDN with a condom...can't afford to get any kind of diseases at this time.

Dinesh, just realized your location is Trinidad. What's going on there with all the World Cup celebration?

I'm a newbie and would like to know more about SDN. What does "SDN Angel" and "SDN Donor" icons mean?

doctor82 said:
I'm a newbie and would like to know more about SDN. What does "SDN Angel" and "SDN Donor" icons mean?
good question.. I honestly don't know, and I am one of them (don't know which)... I hear there are certain perks too, but I don't know what they are, I just wanted to support the site.

Flopotomist said:
good question.. I honestly don't know, and I am one of them (don't know which)... I hear there are certain perks too, but I don't know what they are, I just wanted to support the site.

i would guess you are an angel since you have a smiley face with a halo on top
but are you really an angel? because you do sarcastically make fun of people's shiny suits and it's really in bad taste!
:) just kidding, i thought it was hilarious and i was thinking the same thing...

I generally do an advanced search for my own screenname and read all the threads I've previously posted in that people have added to. Then I hit "new posts" and read those.

Angels and donors have given money. They get extra thread tools, so they can edit their posts and delete or close their own threads. They also get access to the donor forum, which is cool because we often get advanced word about stuff that's going on from Lee.

How do I use? I usually freebase my SDN

I use it to wipe the messes my dog makes around the house. You wouldn't believe how absorbant it is.

nebrfan said:
How do I use? I usually freebase my SDN

I'm a mainliner, myself. In between the toes, of course!

I just discovered that if you hit "reply" on the post you want to quote, it quotes it for you, as opposed to cutting and pasting and hitting "reply" at the end of the thread. (So tedious with needles in your feet.)

I'd like to experiment more with colors, fonts, images ...

MoosePilot said:
I generally do an advanced search for my own screenname and read all the threads I've previously posted in that people have added to. Then I hit "new posts" and read those.

Angels and donors have given money. They get extra thread tools, so they can edit their posts and delete or close their own threads. They also get access to the donor forum, which is cool because we often get advanced word about stuff that's going on from Lee.
Where is this magical donor forum?