Quantcast

how does AADSAS calculate GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Li

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Dear friends,

I have an WU and an F on my transcript, but I already retook all of them and received A for both classes. When AADSAS calculate my GPA, are they going to count my WU & F into my overall gpa or count the two A instead? thank you very much!

2jz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would bet it counts the F and two As but won't count the W (assuming a WU stands for withdrawal from course). When you fill out the app it makes you specify classes that you repeated. So I had two Ws on my transcript and both retakes I got As in, and labeled those classes as repeats. Neither W was counted as a letter grade and did not affect my GPA.

Likkriue

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
They will count the F and the A together making u average out to a B.

WU will not be counted. So the A is an A.

Dr. Li

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

if they mix the F with my other grades, it will significantly lower my gpa. Will dental schools view my gpa from school transcript or the gpa calculated by AADSAS

Dr. Li

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would bet it counts the F and two As but won't count the W (assuming a WU stands for withdrawal from course). When you fill out the app it makes you specify classes that you repeated. So I had two Ws on my transcript and both retakes I got As in, and labeled those classes as repeats. Neither W was counted as a letter grade and did not affect my GPA.
if they mix the F with my other grades, it will significantly lower my gpa. Will dental schools view my gpa from school transcript or the gpa calculated by AADSAS

plusalpha

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

They'll look at the GPA calculated by AADSAS.

DMDDDSHopeful

Achievement Unlocked: Dental School
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

It would average to a C.

4 x 0 points for an F = 0 Quality Points
4 credit class x 4 points for an A = 16 Quality points

Quality Points Summed divided by Total Attempted Credits = 16/8 = 2.0 which is a C.

AADSAS is strict. They don't do grade forgiveness like MD or DO.

Reactions: 1 users

Faefly

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Make sure to explain why you got your F in the addendum!

Likkriue

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It would average to a C.

4 x 0 points for an F = 0 Quality Points
4 credit class x 4 points for an A = 16 Quality points

Quality Points Summed divided by Total Attempted Credits = 16/8 = 2.0 which is a C.

AADSAS is strict. They don't do grade forgiveness like MD or DO.

My mistake, yes it averaged to a C