How does accepting a masters negatively impact me?

DentStud143

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I have not yet heard back from any schools. I did get into a masters program and I was wondering if I accept this will dental schools look at it in a negative light. Will they not give me interviews ( even though I know many schools are done) or an acceptance since I have a deposit at a masters program.

To be honest I don't even know if dental schools know if you have a deposit at a masters program and to be frank I don't even think I'll go through with the masters program. But I was just wondering what dental schools would think or if they even know.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I just don't know who to ask.

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
is it a masters at a dental school? if not, they have no way of knowing. i would just accept the masters program for now and if you hear from dental schools then just drop it

Reactions: 1 user
It's a masters program at a dental school I was rejected from. So they transferred my application to their masters program. Would it affect other dental schools decisions though? Is there a way for other dental schools to find out I accepted a masters at a different school?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a masters program at a dental school I was rejected from. So they transferred my application to their masters program. Would it affect other dental schools decisions though? Is there a way for other dental schools to find out I accepted a masters at a different school?
Is it Meharry?

Hey,

I have not yet heard back from any schools. I did get into a masters program and I was wondering if I accept this will dental schools look at it in a negative light. Will they not give me interviews ( even though I know many schools are done) or an acceptance since I have a deposit at a masters program.

To be honest I don't even know if dental schools know if you have a deposit at a masters program and to be frank I don't even think I'll go through with the masters program. But I was just wondering what dental schools would think or if they even know.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I just don't know who to ask.

Thanks for your help!

I don't think dental schools see it as a negative thing to enroll in a master's program. In fact, they'll see it that you can handle a heavy course load. I'm currently finishing up my masters in a dental school and had a few interviews and multiple secondary applications.
For me, I needed to be in the masters program for many reasons. I'm a non trad student and had a low undergrad gpa. So it really depends on if you really need the masters program.

Master's programs are TOUGH business and they require 100% of your time and effort but thats the only negative thing I can think of. Anyone can do well in a masters if you put in the effort. A positive is that dental schools love em, I got 3 interviews after submitting my first quarter master's grades and I only had 1 before my grades were sent. And they give you a lot of confidence for dental school, I feel like I am invincible now lol and Im not as nervous for the workload for next year when I start D1.

Good luck :)

Reactions: 1 users