Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How does Buffalo notify? (post-interview)

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by yyd, Dec 21, 2005.

1. yyd

yyd Guest

Medical Student
  2. gluon999

gluon999 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My status page was updated first. Received a letter two days later. They seem to put a lot of people on hold, but then again, their hold list moves quite faster, compared to that of other schools.

3. yyd

yyd Guest

Medical Student
  4. gluon999

gluon999 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I was put on hold on October 15th, the first day they can officially notify of acceptances, about 45 days after my interview. Got accepted on Dec. 5.

Don't be surprised if it takes 6-8 weeks to hear back from them.

5. Pepper1o1

Pepper1o1 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hi! If you take a look at their "admissions policy" page, it says that they hand out the first batch of decisions in the middle of october, and then again every 8 weeks after that. Sooo I interviewed on November 9 and got the acceptance on December 5. My status page was updated... I checked it totally on a whim and it said Accepted/Lettered (!!!). I don't know what twist of fate put me in the acceptance pile, because I'm a pretty mediocre applicant, but yeah, they do waitlist about 50% of the people they interview. I think something like 30% are rejected and 20% are accepted right away. Good luck! Just keep checking :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. themitz

themitz Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student

We both interviewed and were accepted on the same days! Congrats! To anyone sitting on the waitlist...dont worry so much, buffalo's list tends to move quite a bit.

7. Pepper1o1

Pepper1o1 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey! Congrats to you too :) Which one were you? Are you thinking of going there?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Alex05

Alex05 Member
    10+ Year Member

I was also placed on the hold list on Oct. 15th, and I asked the admissions office and was told to wait until Jan., because that is when the waitlist is ranked. Anyhow, I just happened to look on Dec. 5th and it said I was accepted. I was extremely glad to find out I was in. I think, my current ranking is state school, rush and buffalo. Good luck to you.

9. roca88

roca88 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

#9 roca88, Dec 25, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  10. gluon999

gluon999 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Mr. Rosso said that the waitlist will officially be ranked in January, so you can call then to find out what 'third' you are in. I don't think they give out your exact number, just whether you are in the upper third/middle third/lower third. From what I've heard, they accepted students through the middle third last year.

If Buffalo is your first choice (it seems like it), then it can only help to write a letter of intent. I'd address it to Dean Severin or Mr. Rosso.

11. .edu-MD

.edu-MD Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

[Expired]

12. the negative 1

the negative 1 Bovie to "war crimes" please
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I just checked my status page (interviewed two weeks ago) and it says I got waitlisted.

13. big_smiles

big_smiles Tiffanator - -BoooYaaHH!
    7+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    They said up to 6 weeks when I interviewed that you'd find your status. But it probably depends on the time of the month. I found out I was accepted 2 days after the interview, but it was probably the timing of when the interview was and when they review files
    Good luck!

14. ashabee4

ashabee4 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I interviewed at Buffalo less than a week ago and was notified by mail today that I am on the hold list. I'm planning on calling tomorrow to determine which third I am in. I'm also pretty disappointed I wasn't accepted outright.

15. gluon999

gluon999 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ashabee4, it seems like Buffalo puts everyone on hold initially. I interviewed there in August (yes August!) and they still kept me waiting for 4 months (on hold) before they accepted me (my stats are above their avg. and my interviews went well).

But Mr. Rosso is pretty helpful with sharing info. so give him a call and hopefully you will be in the top 2/3rd.