Fedxup

5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2013
Status
Medical Student
How does it look that..If I volunteered in the ED for 1.5 year (about 300 hours) and haven't volunteered there for a whole semester and won't next semester as well. I will be applying this upcoming summer. I always hear "it's about the length and not hours." Will this be looked down upon? Also, I did not volunteer at all this semester because of heavy involvement in research. Unfortunately, I will not have any pubs to prove it. Should I continue to volunteer at the same place? I am looking into new opportunities for next semester.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Chill, you have nothing to worry about. Just excel in what you're doing, and enjoy it.

How does it look that..If I volunteered in the ED for 1.5 year (about 300 hours) and haven't volunteered there for a whole semester and won't next semester as well. I will be applying this upcoming summer. I always hear "it's about the length and not hours." Will this be looked down upon? Also, I did not volunteer at all this semester because of heavy involvement in research. Unfortunately, I will not have any pubs to prove it. Should I continue to volunteer at the same place? I am looking into new opportunities for next semester.

Reactions: gettheleadout

Pacna

Dyslexics, untie!
Jun 2, 2013
MN
Status
Medical Student
You don't need to prove you did research. If you tell them you're a world-class rower, they'll believe you, but you'd better be able to talk about it.

OP
Fedxup

Fedxup

5+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Thank you! I guess I just needed a bit of reassurance.