How does it look

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fedxup

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does it look that..If I volunteered in the ED for 1.5 year (about 300 hours) and haven't volunteered there for a whole semester and won't next semester as well. I will be applying this upcoming summer. I always hear "it's about the length and not hours." Will this be looked down upon? Also, I did not volunteer at all this semester because of heavy involvement in research. Unfortunately, I will not have any pubs to prove it. Should I continue to volunteer at the same place? I am looking into new opportunities for next semester.

Members don't see this ad.

Chill, you have nothing to worry about. Just excel in what you're doing, and enjoy it.

How does it look that..If I volunteered in the ED for 1.5 year (about 300 hours) and haven't volunteered there for a whole semester and won't next semester as well. I will be applying this upcoming summer. I always hear "it's about the length and not hours." Will this be looked down upon? Also, I did not volunteer at all this semester because of heavy involvement in research. Unfortunately, I will not have any pubs to prove it. Should I continue to volunteer at the same place? I am looking into new opportunities for next semester.

Reactions: 1 user
You don't need to prove you did research. If you tell them you're a world-class rower, they'll believe you, but you'd better be able to talk about it.

Thank you! I guess I just needed a bit of reassurance.