How does it work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunlyght

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question? I want to take the MCAT in August but I want to know if I can submit my application in June before I even take the MCATS? What about recommendation letters? Do those come in the picture during secondaries? Please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

You CAN submit your application in June and then take the MCAT in August. AMCAS will go ahead and process your application even w/out the scores and send the available info to schools. Go ahead and start getting letters written NOW. Professors will put it off and before you know it, it'll be June. Yes, you'll have to send in your recs once the schools send you secondaries and ask for it. I'm in a rush, but hopefully this helped!

Oh, and once AMCAS gets your scores in October, they'll forward it to your schools.

Take a look at <a href="http://www.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=007850" target="_blank">this thread.</a> :)