How does Louisville decide who gets admitted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OSU22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does Louisville decide who they accept into their school? Do they use some kind of a point system? Is the DAT or GPA more important? Do they look at PAT?

Members don't see this ad.

How does Louisville decide who they accept into their school? Do they use some kind of a point system? Is the DAT or GPA more important? Do they look at PAT?

How is anyone here supposed to know this? I'm sure they look at everything--DAT, PAT, GPA, interview performance, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
According to their website:
"The committee uses an Admissions Index system. Selection criteria are divided into academic and non-academic components. Academic factors comprise 60 percent and include:

• Overall G.P.A.
  • Biology/chemistry/physics G.P.A.
  • DAT scores
The remaining 40 percent are non-academic and include the letters of recommendation, the required “on-site” interview and an evaluation of personal qualities such as:

• Perceived motivation to pursue a career in dentistry
  • Maturity
  • Communication skills
  • Strength of pre-dental curriculum
  • Employment
  • Extra-curricular activities

Kentucky residents may also be awarded additional consideration if they meet the criteria for being "disadvantaged"."

source: https://louisville.edu/dental/students/future-students/dmd/admission

you could also call the office?

I was at Louisville Monday Dec. 6th for interview day, and I also know they have an interview day tomorrow, as well as next week Monday and Friday.

I wonder if they are going to clump us all together and make a decision before Christmas break? Would be the best Christmas present ever! Louisville is a great school and with such great intentions to grow. Their renovations are coming along nicely, and once they are done (this summer/early fall) everything is going to top of the notch!

Felt so comfortable there and would love to join their program!!

Hopes to hear back before Christmas break :xf:

I was at Louisville Monday Dec. 6th for interview day, and I also know they have an interview day tomorrow, as well as next week Monday and Friday.

I wonder if they are going to clump us all together and make a decision before Christmas break? Would be the best Christmas present ever! Louisville is a great school and with such great intentions to grow. Their renovations are coming along nicely, and once they are done (this summer/early fall) everything is going to top of the notch!

Felt so comfortable there and would love to join their program!!

Hopes to hear back before Christmas break :xf:

Hate to break your bubble of hope but they won't start even looking at applications or making decisions on who to put into the second round until after the first week in Jan. So it will be at least after the first week before people hear anything. But I do know that they did not fill all the class december 1st.

Hate to break your bubble of hope but they won't start even looking at applications or making decisions on who to put into the second round until after the first week in Jan. So it will be at least after the first week before people hear anything. But I do know that they did not fill all the class december 1st.

Is this a fact? In the exit interview, I was told I would hear from them next week with either an acceptance or "to be contacted list". Maybe they meant as early as next week. But I was never told anything about January.

Thanks for the info. Good luck if you have any more finals left.

Is this a fact? In the exit interview, I was told I would hear from them next week with either an acceptance or "to be contacted list". Maybe they meant as early as next week. But I was never told anything about January.

Thanks for the info. Good luck if you have any more finals left.

Louisville admissions committee is friendly and professional, they mean what they say. If they tell you that you will find out in 1 week, then you will find out in one week.