How does my DO list look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hemlocktree

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did PostBac program, FL resident
AACOMAS calculated sGPA: 3.8
cGPA: 3.44

MCAT 1: 9PS/8VR/9BS (26)
MCAT 2: 8PS/8VR/10BS (26)

MD shadowing and letter. Non-clinical volunteer +200 hrs
Clinical Volunteering +200 hrs

School List:
ATSU-SOMA
AZCOM
PCOM
PCOM-GA
Lecom-Bradenton
NOVA-SOM
Touro-NY
UNECOM

I'm really trying to avoid the Midwest, I don't know anyone there, have no experience there. Do I need to broaden my list? Or is my list safe?

Thank you all sooo much, really helpful to have your input as a non-trad!!

Members don't see this ad.

Chances look great. UNECOM might not be worth it though because such a high percentage of students from New England get preference (around 80-90%, and typically the remaining students are from the Tri-State area as well). Replace it with a school like KCUMB (great school) or ACOM if you'd like.

Looks like you are going to get some interviews this cycle for sure. Do you have a letter from a DO? Or just an MD?

Members don't see this ad :)
My letter is from an MD. I'm trying really hard to find a DO to shadow, but it's difficult. I was really concerned about the 26 mcat for schools like NOVA and PCOM that have 28 averages. Do you really think the 26 is not a problem?

You're fine

Did PostBac program, FL resident
AACOMAS calculated sGPA: 3.8
cGPA: 3.44

MCAT 1: 9PS/8VR/9BS (26)
MCAT 2: 8PS/8VR/10BS (26)

MD shadowing and letter. Non-clinical volunteer +200 hrs
Clinical Volunteering +200 hrs

School List:
ATSU-SOMA
AZCOM
PCOM
PCOM-GA
Lecom-Bradenton
NOVA-SOM
Touro-NY
UNECOM

I'm really trying to avoid the Midwest, I don't know anyone there, have no experience there. Do I need to broaden my list? Or is my list safe?

Thank you all sooo much, really helpful to have your input as a non-trad!!