How does my GPA box look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

So, AMCAS ended up classifying all of my lab tech courses as HEAL (So that is good) but they also classified all of my AP credits as my junior year, so it looks like my junior year is only 8 credits.

Anything stand out in a positive/negative light?
Will they see the 40 credits in the freshman year and realize that was all in about 5 and a half months/military setting?
Should I be worried about the perceived downward trend in the JR year (It was a blip of 2 quarters with a gap year beforehand and an 18 month stretch afterwards)?
Does the AO GPA look bad? The senior year consists of part of those 2 quarters ^^^ and then the only non-science class I have taken since returning to school (got an A)
Do ADCOMs look at these or take a glance at the full transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry about it - there is not much you can do at this point. Overall, it looks fine and its obvious that the downward blip in junior year was not due to poor performance but weird calculations. Your BCPM GPA is great and I don't think any school will screen out a 3.65 overall GPA.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There is obviously a story here that someone who is really curious will dig into more deeply. Only 8 credits as a junior but 69 as a senior (because everything after 3 years of classes is classified as senior year) is obviously a less than straightforward path through school. Also, almost all of your science courses were taken late in your academic career which right off the bat tells me that you are not a traditional pre-med. Your table is unusual but not a red flag.
The juinor year blip didn't include any BCPM so I wouldn't really care to look into that more deeply.

who is really curious will dig into more deeply
What will someone who is not curious do?
3 years of classes is classified as senior year)
Gotcha, that makes sense. All of the P/F and "Other" credits from AP and Military likely factor in there for determining school year. Didn't think of that.
Your table is unusual but not a red flag.
Thank you for the feedback! There is definitely a story in there. Hopefully it works out then. In conjunction with a 521 MCAT would you more favorably view those terminal science courses?

There is obviously a story here that someone who is really curious will dig into more deeply. Only 8 credits as a junior but 69 as a senior (because everything after 3 years of classes is classified as senior year) is obviously a less than straightforward path through school. Also, almost all of your science courses were taken late in your academic career which right off the bat tells me that you are not a traditional pre-med. Your table is unusual but not a red flag.
The juinor year blip didn't include any BCPM so I wouldn't really care to look into that more deeply.
Also from a separate W/A post you said this:

Unless you graduated Summa Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.2 because your school has a terrible grade deflation
I included in my Work and activities section my military honors in each class (Number 1 of 230, Number 4 of 175 etc.) as a means of adding to that story not directly visible on this GPA table and to clarify such things as the GPA of 3.4 Freshman year was in fact near top of the class. Is that fine/does that kind of thing contribute and clarify weird applicants like myself?

I included in my Work and activities section my military honors in each class (Number 1 of 230, Number 4 of 175 etc.) as a means of adding to that story not directly visible on this GPA table and to clarify such things as the GPA of 3.4 Freshman year was in fact near top of the class. Is that fine/does that kind of thing contribute and clarify weird applicants like myself?
Yes that's fine

Military honors is a different story from someone graduating with a 3.99 and writing in the Work and Activities section that they graduated Magna Cum Laude. Well, couldn't I have guessed that from your GPA?? See what I mean.. That sort of information doesn't add anything where as being honored as the top student of 230 in a military group is distinctive and not otherwise obvious (like a 3.99 being worthy of Latin honors is obvious).
What will someone who is not curious do?
Say, "okay" and move on to the next section of the application.

Reactions: 1 users
Military honors is a different story from someone graduating with a 3.99 and writing in the Work and Activities section that they graduated Magna Cum Laude. Well, couldn't I have guessed that from your GPA?? See what I mean.. That sort of information doesn't add anything where as being honored as the top student of 230 in a military group is distinctive and not otherwise obvious (like a 3.99 being worthy of Latin honors is obvious).

Say, "okay" and move on to the next section of the application.
Righteous, thank you for the feedback!