Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

How does reapplication change your chances?

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by Michael Ross, 05.18.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Michael Ross

Michael Ross

I am in a position where I would be content with getting into a medical school this coming cycle, or the following. I was wondering if applying only to the schools I'm absolutely dying to go to is a good strategy or not. If I get into one of my dream schools, awesome! If not, then that's okay too because I can apply to a broader range of schools next cycle. My main question is "Will being a reapplicant hurt my chances the second time around?"
    I don't know if this is relevant to the topic but my stats are 3.9 sGPA and cGPA, 36 MCAT, FL resident...
    My dream schools are
    Miami, Florida Int U, UCF, USF, Florida Atlantic, Duke, Emory, UT Southwestern, Baylor... If I didn't get into any of these, I would spend another year inflating my EC's, and then apply to the same schools plus more. Good or bad strategy?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. mct2762

mct2762 Banned Banned Account on Hold 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Apply broadly now (not that you will need it). Why wait till the next year to apply when you can get in now

4. Michael Ross

Michael Ross

Because I would rather wait a year and go somewhere that I'm passionate about than settle just for the sake of saving a year

About the ads