Jul 25, 2009
Status
Hi there,

Does anyone have any experience on how swapping MCAT test dates work? IE: If someone drops their test date so I can take it, does it show up instantaneously on the MCAT website? How does the process work? I want to make sure if I trade with someone that I / someone else does not get screwed over.

If anyone here has done it, I'd appreciate hearing their thoughts on the process.

Thanks

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2008
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
If you cancel your test date, the spot will become available to everyone. You cannot choose who takes your place.

Jul 25, 2009
Status
Hi, thanks. I think I understand that, but I'm moreso wondering how fast does the free spot show up on the website? IE: If my friend cancelled the test, and I searched that specific test centre seconds/minute later, would it show the test location as being available? How quick is the process of cancelling --> opening up the spot on the website?

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2008
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Oops, that was a reading fail on my part. The answer to your real question, I don't know. I'd call AAMC to get the most straightforward and accurate answer: 202-828-0690

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads