How does the scramble work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MacGyver

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, so lets say you've submitted all your stuff thru ERAS and you dont match.

the next day, you start calling unfilled programs.

Are you supposed to have your dean call those programs in addition or is your phone call by itself good enough?

Can I submit stuff thru ERAS to that program or do I have to physically mail all my stuff to them?

Do they make a decision on whether to take me immediatley (few days) or do they have a formal process where they take a couple of weeks to evaluate the credentials of all the people who are trying to scramble to their program?

Do I have to wait until after the first program gives me an answer before I call a 2nd program or can I call a bunch of unfilled programs right from the start and tell them that I'm going to whichever place takes me first?

Also, does ERAS hold your letters of rec/deans letter or are they separate from all the other stuff (like AMCAS)?

Members don't see this ad.

mac,
it's called the scramble for a reason. you've got about 2 days to find a spot. you call/fax/email programs as fast as you can. phones and faxes are constantly busy. some programs want you to fax your app...others take ERAS. there is very little negotiating. time is of the essence.

sounds like you need to buy my copy of "1st aid for the match". pm me and its yours for a great price as i don't need this SH#T anymore! i've also got "isersons: getting into a residency"

peace and good luck