How does UCLA admissions process work?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by chef, Mar 27, 2002.

1. chef

chef Senior Member

Do they notify accepted students weekly like UCSD, or do they accept in batches like UCSF? Have you heard from them recently? If they do the latter, when is their next scheduled meeting?

Finally, will they notify all the acceptees by May 15th?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sorrento

sorrento Senior Member

I am wondering the same thing. It seems very random to me! Some people seem to hear very quickly, others not for a long time after they interview. In general, it seems a quick response is good news.

I was told they plan to have all notifications out by April 15. We'll see ....

When did you interview?

4. ginseng

ginseng Member

Here's what I figured out. Basically, once you interview, your file finally goes to the deciding committee and your interviewer must be there to speak on or against your behalf. After that, it takes literally a couple of days to get your decision. I learned this because I emailed my interviewer about something else besides my admissions and in the reply he also mentioned that my file was already reviewed like a week after I interviewed. Then a week later, I got my acceptances. My roommates took even less time, like only a week. Hope this helps, good luck to all.