Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

How dothe May 15th deadline and schools work?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by varunner, May 16, 2007.

1. varunner

varunner Member

Pre-Medical
    In particular, I've been accepted to a couple of schools, all of which I have dropped except for my top choice. I just got in off of a waitlist this evening, so I am now holding 2 acceptances. I am planning on dropping the school I was waitlisted at, however I'll probably give it day or two to soak in before I drop it (gotta get some satisfaction from it, right?) Anyways, will my first choice school be notified immediately of my acceptance to the other school, and if so, is there a grace period during which my top school will wait for me to drop my other, off-waitlist school before they would consider dropping me because I have two acceptances? Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Pagz09

Pre-Medical
    I would also be interested in the answer to this. I think you have two weeks to respond to waitlist offers, whether you are accepted May 10, May 20, or whenever. Is this right?

4. modelslashactor

modelslashactor Safety not guaranteed

I believe that schools you get off the waitlist at have to notify the school you are holding a spot at that they will be offering you. So the other school probably knows you have been offered a spot. I was in a similar situation and they are pretty understanding about this stuff, they won't give away your spot or anything like that.

Just call the other school and let them know you'd like to take a day or two to think, that shouldn't be a problem.