How Early Can You Start the Test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Gerrard

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the 8am July 31st exam.

How early can I go and start? 7:30 would be ideal, so I would be able to probably get home around 12:30.

Do they let you start that early?

Members don't see this ad.

Side question.

What should I do?

This week, I had all along been planning on going over content that I missed on all of the practice problems I did. I made a word document while doing them, and I am going to go over anything I am rough on.

I have done pretty well-awesome on all of my practice tests, but there were fluctuations due to some unknown content.

Now I have family from Europe in town. They are leaving Friday, the same day as my MCAT.

I was planning on staying at my cousins house this last week before the MCAT since the start of the summer. He lives closer to the testing center and there would be less distractions for more studying.

Should I go to my house, spend time with my family from Europe, or should I study at my cousins house?

No matter what I do, I will feel guilty, for not spending time with my family or for not studying for the MCAT.

I know for a fact there are some things that I do not know as much as I should.

I would also have time to study if I went home, just not as much.

I need an answer by 2:00.

Thanks SDN!

I am taking the 8am July 31st exam.

How early can I go and start? 7:30 would be ideal, so I would be able to probably get home around 12:30.

Do they let you start that early?

I guess it depends on your testing center. The earliest my center allowed you to start was 7:30 so everyone who showed up earlier waited outside until then.

Get there early and be the first to sign up. People are brought in one by one so if you are first you will start before 8am.