How early do I need everything sent in for Pharmcas ED?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mitchjp1997

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to how early I need to have all of my transcripts, scores, rec letters, etc, to meet the early decision deadline of Sept 6th. I believe Pharmcas said they needed 5 weeks to calculate everything, so does that mean I need to submit everything 5 weeks before Sept 6th? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

That's five weeks to have everything submitted. The transcripts take a week to mail, and for them to generally receive. The letters of recommendations have to be emailed to the individuals and getting a professor to stay on top of it and complete it within a reasonable manner takes time. Start now, work on it consistently.

That's five weeks to have everything submitted. The transcripts take a week to mail, and for them to generally receive. The letters of recommendations have to be emailed to the individuals and getting a professor to stay on top of it and complete it within a reasonable manner takes time. Start now, work on it consistently.
So I don't need to have everything submitted until the deadline?

Members don't see this ad :)
The deadline is the LAST possible day to submit the application with Everything finalized. I am applying for ED and just officially submitted yesterday. Like I said; do not wait till a month before that deadline - you will cut yourself very close. It takes a few weeks to get everything pulled together; luckily I know my references well enough to "bother" them about remembering to fill it out; but some professors aren't like that. At this current time, if you are doing regular decision- send out the reference letter emails through Pharmcas, begin on your personal statement, and begin getting official transcripts sent from your school to Pharmcas.

Just saw that you are doing ED, so for this circumstance, you need to get a move on and make progress on the application. You have to enter every single course you have ever taken; you have to print the institution sheets and have official transcripts sent to Pharmcas, letters of Rec, etc.

Just saw that you are doing ED, so for this circumstance, you need to get a move on and make progress on the application. You have to enter every single course you have ever taken; you have to print the institution sheets and have official transcripts sent to Pharmcas, letters of Rec, etc.
I'm getting all of my transcripts sent in tomorrow. I just heard it takes 5 weeks for pharmcas to calculate the gpa, so does that mean I need all of my transcripts in 5 weeks early? How long did they take to calculate your gpa?

It can take up to five weeks for them to finalize it so yes, it is best to have it in before then as you suggested; however it is generally 2-3 weeks at most.. Do remember that ED is generally rolling basis from Sep through November. If you submit it within the next two weeks, they will receive it early September and you will be one of the first many applications they view for the season. If you wait till early September or late August, you will still be in the pile with the many, many ED apps viewed in October.. In pharmacy, I have heard numerous times that the earlier, the more likelier you are to be admitted. If you submit earlier than what ED requires, then it shows commitment and time management on your part.

It can take up to five weeks for them to finalize it so yes, it is best to have it in before then as you suggested; however it is generally 2-3 weeks at most.. Do remember that ED is generally rolling basis from Sep through November. If you submit it within the next two weeks, they will receive it early September and you will be one of the first many applications they view for the season. If you wait till early September or late August, you will still be in the pile with the many, many ED apps viewed in October.. In pharmacy, I have heard numerous times that the earlier, the more likelier you are to be admitted. If you submit earlier than what ED requires, then it shows commitment and time management on your part.
Thank you so much! You've been so helpful!!

Reactions: 1 user