How easy is AAMC #6?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SamuelTesla

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone give me the scores they got on their aamc practice tests. Mine are:

3: 26
4: 25
5: 26
6: 33

I don't understand how I could have gotten 33 on my last test... did everyone else experience a similar rise?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't taken AAMC 6 yet..but I will tell you I did better on the later ones (8 & 9) than I did on (4 & 5).

If its been a while since you've taken tests...and 6 is your more recent one..it could be because you actually know the material better and have practiced enough to improve your score. From the size of your jump ( about 7 points )..even if 6 is on the easier end of tests (which I've heard it is)...you definitely improved your score by at least a few points. So take this success in a good way :).

Another reason might be...different tests have different topics on them..and maybe you got topics you were really good at on 6 that you didn't get on the previous tests. The best way to find out if you've actually improved and find out if your score for AAMC 6 isn't a fluke..is to take another test..take 7 and see if you do almost as good as 6. If you do, you know you improved :thumbup:

Hope I helped.

That was definitely my highest AAMC practice test score. I think it is a lot easier than the other tests. My difference in scores wasn't as drastic as yours, but it was higher than my other tests. Its a nice confidence booster, but don't diminish your studies because you did well on that test. Your averages on AAMC 7-10 are said to be better predictors.

I haven't taken AAMC 6 yet..but I will tell you I did better on the later ones (8 & 9) than I did on (4 & 5).

If its been a while since you've taken tests...and 6 is your more recent one..it could be because you actually know the material better and have practiced enough to improve your score. From the size of your jump ( about 7 points )..even if 6 is on the easier end of tests (which I've heard it is)...you definitely improved your score by at least a few points. So take this success in a good way :).

Another reason might be...different tests have different topics on them..and maybe you got topics you were really good at on 6 that you didn't get on the previous tests. The best way to find out if you've actually improved and find out if your score for AAMC 6 isn't a fluke..is to take another test..take 7 and see if you do almost as good as 6. If you do, you know you improved :thumbup:

Hope I helped.

You're right. I took #6 yesterday, and I took 3-4-5 10 days earlier, all in one week. Maybe the 10 day study period helped... but I was still really surprised at the score...

Hope I do good on 7...

Members don't see this ad :)
Although my score wasn't spectacular because I didn't do too hot on verbal I scored my highest BS and PS scores to date and I haven't even finished my content review completely. I also reviewed the exams and many of the questions I got wrong were silly mistakes and things I in fact already knew as compared to others where I had definitely forgotten the material. So I would say that yes, at least if you're going in order, AAMC 6 may be a bit easier.

Then again, the more you study, the more you know. Could just be a result of effective preparation.

I don't know maybe I am just stupid but I took #6R today and I did not do that well in P.S and I got my usual score in B.S and VR. I don't know which passages from the paper version show up on the new CBT #6 but I thought at least two of those physics passages were kinda tough.