How easy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Student247

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how easy it is to get a job as a certified EMT? Is it sufficient to have been certified or do you need more credentials? Further, who generally does the hiring of EMT's?

Regards,
Student247

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering how easy it is to get a job as a certified EMT?
To become certified as an Emergency Medical Technician(EMT)you have to take a course (usually at a CC or technical college). The time it takes to get your certification varies. The nearby technical college offer only the 6 months/1 night out of the week, for 4 hours. Now, I have heard some that have 4 weeks everyday during the summer. They teach you CPR and a little more. Eg. Foley bags. Shouldn't be that hard.
Is it sufficient to have been certified or do you need more credentials?
I asked this same question once in this forum and I received mixed answers. Getting a EMT license doesn't make you unique because everybody is doing it. But you can get really good medical experience if you do it (work mainly in the ER). I heard you have to find things that are going to make the ADCOMS open their mouths in aww.
Further, who generally does the hiring of EMT's?
You can get hire to work in the ER or you can work for the Paramedics. Riding in a ambulance truck look kind of adventurous to me.

-Oh well, I hope this information helped a little. Best of luck.